Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 13:10:30 -0700

Lots of hams like to think of amateur radio as a fraternity that is a cut above the population in general, but I think the facts say that we aren't any more (or less) honorable than any other segment.  I once compiled a rather lengthy list (I even posted it on this reflector a few years ago) of the factors that incline people toward cheating.  Ham radio inherently has some of them.  I've even seen posts here literally saying "if it isn't specifically against the rules it is mandatory".

Dave   AB7E