Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <chris.tate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:10:03 -0700
Spotting is one thing. Spotting yourself with a German prefix when you are
in the continental US is bad sportsmanship and dishonest.  I doesn’t break
any fcc rules, so the onus is on the contest manager(s) to manage this type
of loophole application.

Just like ARRL RU, when they added FT8 and then subsequently removed it due
to the negative effects on the contest they should IMO roll this back…. And
let the community know the rollback is being done due to this type of
loophole use.

Like I said it’s disappointing that reputable contesters went down this
rabbit hole

~C./N6WM