Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating IOTA Contest Remotely

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating IOTA Contest Remotely
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:58:48 +0100
On 26/07/2023 18:40, Jim Brown K9YC wrote:

If Jeff and John would like to activate a rare island, they should go there - that's what self-respecting ham-radio contesters and DXers do.

You don't read and retain well. They would have activated an island that is not rare.

In the IOTA Contest, any island station that is a multiplier is, by definition, rare.

When's the last time you traveled to activate anything?  I did so twice in the last year.

I suppose that activating rare counties in CQP is worth a mention, but perhaps not :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI