Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

To: "Ed K1EP" <k1ep.list@gmail.com>, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests
From: "Jamie WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:48:24 +0000
the low power guys DO have a chance.....its called timing, propagation, improving your station......I was LP for years, still am in most instances.....it makes you a better op......now Sunday, lets say in ARRL DX, that rare African gets spotted, and the pile up is huge.....doe LP have a chance? Yes, but obviously not as good as if they ran 2 KW into 4 over 4 over 4........but...timing, XIT, all can make a difference......I guess what I am trying to say is, adding the ability to self spot or stream, doesnt change what happens during that African DX pileup.....