Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 21:17:06 -0800
On 2/16/2022 6:11 PM, rjairam@gmail.com wrote:
But I’m glad we kept unassisted, so those who desire legacy contesting have
their sandbox to play in.

But they don't, unless they have a station able to bust through pileups after the crowd has arrived. These little guns need to find stations to work that. What big time contesters fail to realize is that all those little guns they need to work don't have that capability, and eventually they get tired of endlessly getting beat in those pileups and find something more satisfying to do.

73, Jim K9YC