Re: [VHFcontesting] Difference between types of Rover?

To: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Difference between types of Rover?
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:03:18 -0700
Hi:

The main reason I typically enter as an unlimited rover is due to the 3.5.3
exemption.

I often will "off load" one set of antennas and "up load" another set of
antennas during the contest.   (The antennas I would use in the "back country"
are quite different than the ones I would use on a hill side in populated
area.)   I've also "pre staged" antenna supports on occasion at certain sites.
It seems reasonable to me that I should be in a different "class" from a Rover
that carries all their equipment for the entire contest.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ/ R (unlimited.)

mark@alignedsolutions.com