Re: [TowerTalk] Pipe for guy anchor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pipe for guy anchor
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 17:09:39 -0400
Pipe has no structural specs but many people have used 6" diameter for
elevated anchors. I used 4 foot high structural beams on two sides at my
P40A 70 foot tower http://www.p40a.com to clear the roof of the house and I
did not have room for the standard 80% anchor distance but fortunately it
held up fine.  Be aware that a 6 foot high anchor should have a large
concrete footing.  Of course to do this correctly it should be
professionally engineered.

GL
John KK9A

Rick Harrington N0VT wrote:

I have a small lot and my tower is 70' of 25G.  Due to some obstacles in
the yard that can't be worked around I need to sink some metal pipe in
concrete and attach the guys about 6 feet up instead of taking them down
to the ground.  I realize this isn't the preferred situation.

What type of pipe should I be looking for?

Thanks, Rick N0VT