Re: [TowerTalk] Pipe for guy anchor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pipe for guy anchor
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:48:23 -0400
A free-standing tower does not need to be a lower height than your proposed
Rohn 25 tower. There are plenty of 70 foot free-standing towers available
that will easily support your antenna load. In either case it sounds like
getting a Yagi to the top of a tower while in the close proximity to your
trees may be another challenge, especially with Rohn 25 guy wires.

John KK9A

Rick Harrington N0VT wrote:

That would be nice except the only location I have for the tower is in a
stand of mature oak trees.  My choices are limited to cutting a number
of them down to make room for my SteppIR to turn (not really an option)
or get the antenna above them.  I appreciate the thought though.