Re: Topband: Don't give up AND log who worked the DX b4 and after!

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Don't give up AND log who worked the DX b4 and after!
From: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 06:08:09 -0500
Ugh - Let me go on the record as saying I don’t like this idea and I wish this
can of worms was not opened!  Thankfully US stations (and hopefully others) no
longer have second (personal) calls.  Yes we have club calls, but thankfully
those QSOs will not count for ones personal DXCC records.  I’ve been on
DXpeditions and had guys download all their calls on me (on each band and band
mode!), taking away the opportunity for other Deserving DXers to get into the
log.  Yes I realize sometimes the DXpedition or DX operator makes a mistake and
I have been burned once or twice over the years, not at the fault of my own but
by the other guy in the QSO.  I much prefer K9JWV’s method by noting in my log
the previous or next QSO.

Flame retardant suit on!

73
Bernie

Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of The Daily DX, The Weekly DX and How's DX?
Two week trial - http://www.dailydx.com/trial.htm
https://twitter.com/dailydx
410-489-6518

On Nov 15, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net> wrote:

> I learned a lesson many years ago where I showed up on a needed band as a
> NIL.  I have more than one callsign and if I need that band contact I will
> try and work them with both callsigns now.  Mistakes happen on the DX end (I
> know as having been a DXpedition operator) and the contact gets mistyped or
> accidentally deleted.  Simply insurance.
> Doug
>
> "Think of all the ways you can hurt yourself laughing."

Topband Reflector