Propagation

[Propagation] Re: QRPpp propagation on 10 MHz

To: propagation@contesting.com
Subject: [Propagation] Re: QRPpp propagation on 10 MHz
From: Ludwig Szopinski <ludcop@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:42:45 +0200
David Ackrill schrieb am 25.09.04 09:46 Uhr:

> I wonder if, even with your vertical antenna, that
> you are seeing NVIS propagation?

I don't know but this signal was only listening for
short time. With (only) NVIS it should be longer?!

> The fading effect would be consistent with variations
> in electron density in the F2 layer over a short period
> of time.

May be possible but 179 uW and QRB 291 km on 10 MHz is
extreme! What about tropospheric HF propagation? What
about Meteor scatter effects on HF? What about...???
I cannot distiguish! So I'm looking for explanations.

My personal reception record was a signal from England
with 4.5 microwatt on 10 MHz. It was on my screen for
only few minutes at afternoon. I've no explanation!

But I know: Computer Power Line Communication (PLC)
will be terrible for shortwave because this effects!

> There's an interesting discussion at http://murray.

TNX!

73'
Ludwig
--
Morse-Telegrafie-Homepage(CW) http://www.qsl.net/dk5ke
"Die Morsetelegrafie ist der Urknall des Internets!!!"