Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:42:10 +0000 (UTC)
I'm firmly in the log what you heard camp, following K3ZO's wisdom: "As my dear
departed and deeply missed mentor W3GRF always said:  "It's a listening contest
as well as a sending contest.""But whether that optimizes points depends on how
the log checking software and process works.
If the offending station sent Zone 27 and put that in his Cabrillo file, log
checking software should not bust anyone entering 27. Anyone who corrected to
14 should get a busted exchange flagged.
If offending station sent 27 but his Cabrillo file showed 14, everyone who
logged what they copied would be flagged for a busted exchange, but it would be
obvious what had happened. In this scenarios, would the log checking software
or any human review see that pattern, and not enforce the penalty?
Maybe someone like Tree N6TR or Randy K5ZD would know but I'll still log what I
copy, even in prefill contests like the WWs.
73 John K3TN