Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests

To: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:29:45 -0500
It’s virtually always going to be someone who is giving out a few Qs to
“help.” There won’t be a log turned in. During CQWW RTTY, some station in
CA gave me zone 6. Had it been SSB, I would have told him his correct zone,
but, since I don’t have a clue how to send anything but canned messages on
RTTY, I just logged the correct zone and moved on.
Had the exchange been something unique, I would have logged what was sent.
If someone sends me a state, I would log what was sent.
The rules say to send your zone. If you send the wrong zone, you are not
sending your zone, so I feel an incorrect zone can be corrected.

Chuck W5PR