Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 02:44:43 -0700
On 9/27/2023 3:43 AM, Barry Jacobson wrote:
Nevertheless, it is still my personal
preference to know where someone is from his callsign.

That horse left the barn 50 years ago, when we were allowed to keep our calls when we moved. YWe have to count on our memory of who's where. I know that K6LL is in AZ, K7SV is in VA, is in MN, and so on. Although I started out in '55 in WV with W8FNI, FCC gave me W9NEC when I moved to Chicago in '64, I was intermittently active there, making a living, running my own small biz, I got K9YC as a 1x2 after getting back on the air in 2003 after long periods of inactivity, started establishing my identity with it, kept it when I moved to W6 in 2006.

There are close to a dozen members of NCCC who kept east coast/midwest calls for the same reason, some without that identity who took W6 calls.

73, Jim K9YC