Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, john <reillyjf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX Contests
From: jimk8mr--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 01:43:22 +0000 (UTC)
 What is an obviously incorrect zone? If I work you in CQWW and you log my
"obviously" correct by QRZ.com zone from Ohio, you'll lose the QSO since I'll
be in zone 5 in Florida. But you will have lots of company.
I haven't followed it that closely, but I sense that a guy who leaves half a
millisecond before sending his TU message will likely have me wrong. The guys
who take a second are busy typing in the zone I sent.
Now if G4XYZ sends zone 27, I will correct that to zone 14.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

    On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 09:13:51 PM EDT, john