[VHFcontesting] To Submit or Not to Submit

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] To Submit or Not to Submit
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 21:23:20 -0500
Ah, the LCR NIL problem raises its ugly head.  I quit looking at it
because: Some years ago I worked a station on 1296 around 200 miles out.
Shortly thereafter, I received a QSL asking to confirm the contact.  Then
the results came out: NIL, my QSO and new grid was erased.  I even sent the
QSL to the person responsible for the LCR; too bad, it is what it is!
Seems that I would've gotten credit had the other station not sent in a log.

Next, another 1296 contact, this time with a Limited Rover who brought 1296
along to make a few contacts.  I found later that the log submission
program would not allow the 1296 contact by a Limited Rover with no
instructions on how to list the 1296 QSO.  So, NIL again!

End of that Soapbox.  Here, I run 6 bands (two radios plus two
transverters) and nothing is automated.  As a result, I find myself turning
the wrong antenna, selecting the wrong antenna, selecting the wrong preamp,
using the wrong mic, logging the QSO on the wrong band/mode or a
combination of all.  So, the last few contests, I have run all analog to
take switching to FT8 out of the mix.

Operating the Tuesday 222MHz night eliminates all above - hi.  WA3EOQ