Re: [VHFcontesting] To submit or not to submit

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] To submit or not to submit
From: <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:58:16 -0500
Hi Doug,

I appreciate your predicament. I'd still submit the log even if it was just
to let them know you participated. I would not worry about others getting
penalized because of errors in your log. In fact, that should simply not
happen because they are not responsible for it.

<soapbox>
Now I rarely ever look at the official results myself. Frankly, when they
get around to publishing the results after a ridiculously long 6 months, the
excitement of the contest has worn off slightly for me. ;) :D I couldn't
give a rats behind what the posted results are after all that time. I've
moved on. I often wondered how many hams that entered the contest became
silent key while they tabulated the results with a slide ruler and abacus
apparently.
</soapbox>

I only check the 3830 submissions for a few days after the contest to see
how folks have been doing, and that's it for me.

73,
--Alex KR1ST