Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC Card Checking Question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC Card Checking Question
From: Tom Carney <tomc@carneysugai.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:27:02 -0800
R Johnson wrote:
> Absolute NO !!!
>
> If you want VUCC confirmations you must use "Hard Cards" or LoTW (when they
> finally get around to implementing VUCC) !!!

LOTW went live on Sept 15, 2003 or about.  It's been over five years now
and no support for VUCC.  I've given up on ARRL upgrading LOTW to
support VUCC.  Maybe before the end of this sun spot cycle?

> eQSL's might as well be printed on "TP", and used as such.

eQSL gives me confirmation that I made the contact.  I value that more
than some award.

> While LoTW might be a minor PITA to setup, once it's done it's DONE !!!

Not true, wait until your computer crashes or you upgrade.  If you
haven't save the required files it's another PITA to recreate the
accounts.

How ironic, while typing this email I received an email from ARRL that
my LOTW certificate was about to expire.  Another example of how once
it's done it's NOT done.  A page of detailed instructions to renew.

> I wish more VHF/UHF OP's would just sign onto LoTW and get with the program.
> If you want VUCC, just do it if you want low cost QSL's !!!

And if LOTW would support VUCC, more of us would upload our logs.  As it
is now, why bother?  Never the less, I upload my VHF/UHF contacts.

73,

Tom K6EU