Re: [VHFcontesting] QST_ June contest write up

To: "Glen Overby" <goverby@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] QST_ June contest write up
From: "Gerry Hull" <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:49:08 -0500
Yep, geography is unfair. It's never going to change.

Oh, and SOLP, SOHP and MOP stations do not compete against each other for
the same
reason $10 million syndicate racing yachts do not compete against $12,000
day sailors in the same race.   They are different categories.

Hey, if rovers are upset at the current system, then talk with the CAC about
the rules.  However, nobody has made an argument that anyone is BREAKING a
rule.. they are just using the rules to their advantage... and not to the
exclusion of others -- it's just the strategy.  I do not believe the CAC
will advise to change a rule because someone is executing on a strategy --
what they will listen to -- based on what I've seen happen in the past -- is
rational discussion of rules that will seriously impead activity.  And, if
the reality is that the left-coast boys are always going to cream everyone,
causing lots of people to take their toys and go home, then perhaps you can
convince the CAC to recommend a rule change.

As soon as you make a change, the great ops will adopt, and my guess, still
beat you.  As you know, In VHF contesting, geography and population density
are king. Adopting a strategy to compete against those advantages is very
difficult.  Period.

73, Gerry W1VE