Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

To: 'VHF Contest Reflector' <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions
From: Dexter McIntyre W4DEX <dmcintyre@att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:05:46 -0400
Duane - N9DG wrote:
> Now if WSJT was implemented in a CWSkimmer like configuration where it was
> watching a wide swath of spectrum for totally random (i.e. unscheduled)
> signals then I'd be all over it.
So far I've only made one computer aided ham band contact.  That was
PSK63.  Just wondering if anyone is using that mode for vhf contesting?
The mode sure looks to me like it would work well for the purpose.

The digital modes are on my list of thing to do but so far it keeps
slipping down the list.  WSJT will probably eventually get me back on
EME.  I'm certainly not anti digital.  It's just another interesting
aspect of our hobby.  I'm not a competitive person but I respect those
who are.  I do however believe a valid contact requires a complete
unaided exchange.  I believe just about all competitively vhf ops feel
the same unlike a lot of HF DX chasers I hear.

W4DEX