Re: [VHFcontesting] All Icom SVC manuals, free pdf

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] All Icom SVC manuals, free pdf
From: "Joshua M. Arritt" <jarritt@vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:13:33 -0400
kr7o@vhfdx.com wrote:
>  The Italian site does not
> have the 37a manual, but lists one for the 47a, but I get an error message
> in Italian when I try to download that or other manuals from that site
> (will try later).

The links on this page:

http://www.marcucci.it/e_download_s.htm

 ...point to strange, non-standard, I'd imagine non W3C-compliant URLs --

ftp://ftppub:ftpmarc@213.215.151.204/ftppub/service/GP22.zip

...for example.

When you strip the stuff between "ftp://"; and the IP address, they seem
to work.

Also bummed that the IC-251A, nor the dreaded IC-245 are listed here.  I
did finally, however, find the user manual for the 245.  One of these
days, that's going to make one butt-ugly IF radio!

   73,
      - Josh / KF4YLM