Re: [VHFcontesting] Farthest FM Contact

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Farthest FM Contact
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
----- Original Message ----
Power is king and antenna is queen?  I think the reverse is true, based on my
past experiences.

I'm constantly amazed what can be done, if we just try. :)  Thanks for sharing
your expereinces on FM, Bill!

As for my statement above...it is within a different context than you may be
understanding it.  When running an omnidirectional vertical, there is only so
much "gain to gain". :)  As such, it is significantly more advantageous to run
higher power and a pre-amp than it is to try to find a 15-dB gain omni. :)

Ev, W2EV