Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:34:16 -0700

We've been talking inferior UHF connectors here (especially angle ones) and it doesn't require voltage breakdown ... current alone can do it.

Assuming a KW on a 50 ohm line, a resistance of 0.1 ohm will dissipate 2 watts, which is enough in that tiny spring to affect it and potentially cause an arc ... especially since any shift could easily cause additional resistance.  Maybe an insertion loss test sees something 27 dB down ... maybe not.

Dave   AB7E