Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:55:37 -0800
AARGH!  Thanks, Rick. Sorry, I can't help with that.

73, Jim K9YC

On 11/24/2023 1:30 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
Unfortunately, if I search "Manufacturers" on the DigiKey site, there are dozens of listings that start with the word "Amphenol" followed
by the name of some non-Amphenol entity that has been acquired by
Amphenol.  Obviously, Amphenol is now simply a holding company
and the name no longer necessarily means anything.  Jim, with
a background in audio, will identify with the destruction of JBL
after its acquisition by Harmon-Kardon.

Specifically, at D/K, they show:

Amphenol
Amphenol Connex (Amphenol RF)
Amphenol RF
Amphenol Times Microwave

The latter name had a decent reputation at least before being acquired.

Can you give us any additional guidance as to how to identify
the "REAL" Amphenol connectors?

73
Rick N6RK