Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ...and another coax adapter question
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 08:43:03 -0600
Two failings of off-brand UHF connectors is the machining of the
threaded surfaces and the female center pin cup.   Off brands don't
have the thread precision that Amphenol has.  There's a risk that the
female center pin holder won't grip well.  When shopping at hamfests,
bring a UHF male with you and use it to see how hard the fingers in
the jack cup grip the pin.  I've burned up jacks that were junk before
I learned this.  I have not found an Amphenol that didn't have a tight
grip unless it was misused (jamming a banana plug into it etc.).

73

Rob
K5UJ