Re: [TowerTalk] Control box

To: BRUCE FORD <ks9u@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Control box
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 09:58:30 -0700
Bruce,

I converted my older Skyneedle tower from 120 to 240 vac because there
would have been too large a voltage drop with 120 vac for the run I have.

It was not an easy job, and of the drawings I found were all different. You
do have to install another relay, and a terminal board to separate the
parts of the tower box that run on 110 vac. The internal motor connections
also need to be reconnected for 240 vac operation.

It took me awhile to understand what needed to be done, and awhile longer
to actually get it completed.

I do have a hand drawn schematic of the wiring I did, its not pretty. I
would have to find it, but could get it for you.

My suggestion though, if 120 vac works fine, don't change it.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA