Re: [TowerTalk] Control box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Control box
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:49:32 -0400
About 30+ years ago I had an 89ft US towers crankup tower and it was very
easy to rewire the motor for 240 volts.  I do not recall doing anything to
the control box.  If yours cannot be rewired and 240v is needed due to
voltage drop, etc, perhaps you could add a buck transformer.    Regarding
your winter concerns, I forgot what that is like.

John KK9A/4

John KK9A

BRUCE FORD K9RO wrote:

I have resurrected my 40+ year old Tristao motoized tower and was wondering
if anyone has a motorized tower with damage or they have given up on and
want to part with the on tower control box.. Mine still appears to work but
finding anyone skilled enough to help me get it switched to 220 and wired to
the new motor has really become a full time job that has tried my limited
aged patience. The box is as old as the tower and everything does appear to
switch properly but I can find nothing on getting it to 220 and wired
properly . I know I can most likely do a lot of damage trying but....would
like to skip that part if possible. This is just a thought but I need to get
it running as I hear a rumor around here in SE Wis that winter is only a few
months away.

Thanks,
  Bruce K9RO