Re: Topband: NCC-2 antenna pattern?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: NCC-2 antenna pattern?
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 05:14:06 -0600
Since I am on a 50 x 100 foot lot, it is impossible for me to separate
my rx antennas from my tx antenna.  Of course on transmit, preamps and
the NCC1 are deactivated, but even so, the NCC1 had internal relay
chatter (there are around nine PC board mounted relays inside).  Small
RF chokes in series with the DC power line to the box eliminated the
chatter.   I may have added bypass caps inside it but I can't remember
if I did that or not.  But if so, that wasn't enough.  The chokes did
the trick.

Merry Christmas

Rob
K5UJ