Re: Topband: J28MD, conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: J28MD, conditions
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 19:08:44 -0700
Here is an example of what I talked about below.

I've been chasing P29RO on all bands and modes as part of our club competition.

A few minutes ago they were on 10M FT8 F/H with a huge signal.. I worked them on one sequence.  They continued to call CQ  for several minutes without answers, even though I spotted them. Shortly after they quit.

I anticipated that they moved down a band and sure enough they were on 12M, also with a big signal (+20 dB).  I called them again just for the hell of it since already had them in the log.  When they didn't answer right away, I figured they knew I was in their log and weren't answering.  So I halted my transmitter and left the shack.  When I returned I was on their frequency and had completed the exchange.

Wes  N7WS.