Topband: Adding connectoirs to CATV Hardline

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Adding connectoirs to CATV Hardline
From: Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:54:41 -0700
Hi Jim/K9YC

I read your material ===>  http://k9yc.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf
"  Q: How can I attach PL259s to half-inch CATV hard line? BIG SNIP"

I use the regular CATV industry connectors with the LONG center conductor
protruding from the connector and threads that exactly match those of the
PL259 sleeve.
1 - Cut off the unthreaded sleeve portion (without the threads inside) from
a PL259 connector off and screw it on to the CATV connector threads.
2 - Cut off the excess 'length' on the non-crimped end of a Type-N barrel
down to the threads
3 - Cut the length of the protruding CATV-connector center-pin to an
appropriate length to engage the "N-barrel center pin connection when it is
threaded into the modified PL259 sleeve now attached to the CATV connector
4- Tape as required to make a waterproof seal
This makes a very effective connection electrically and mechanically.

73  Dick/w7wkr at CN98pi