Re: Topband: Adding connectoirs to CATV Hardline

To: lee@k7tjr.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Adding connectoirs to CATV Hardline
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 05:36:07 -0500
It isn't fancy but very easy to do what I did 20 years ago on the phasing lines
for 80m 4 Square.  I just cut pieces of 5/8" aluminum tubing about 2 inches
long and used a band saw to make four slits in each end.  Perfect fit over the
1/2" hardline and PL-259 barrel.  Then a little Noalox and hose clamps for the
CATV end and the barrel of the PL-259 plus a good taping job.  Never had a
problem.

3/4" hardline connectors are really nice using a 3/4"  (inside threads) to 1/2"
(straight with no threads) copper fitting that can be self threaded onto the
hardline.  You need to be able to remove the guts of an Amphenol PL-258 to
solder it inside the copper fitting.  A dental tool works pretty well for
removing the retainer ring.  I have used those for over 40 years and have never
had one fail.

73... Stan, K5GO