Topband: Solereing to Aluminum

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Solereing to Aluminum
From: Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:05:30 -0700
Hello Chuck

Are you using a heavy-duty soldering iron and continuously
"scrubbing-like-hell" the Aluminum surface under the oil with the 'tip' to
break-thru the AL-oxidation layer to allow the solder to whet the Al? I
continuously feed the solder into the region to build-up a solderable
'blob' which can easily be soldered to later.

73  Dick/w7wkr at CN98pi
Message: 2