Re: Topband: RG-6 questions

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 questions
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:59:16 -0500
Fill the F connectors with silicone dielectric grease, and from both sides.
Besides keeping out moisture, that also raises the breakdown voltage. I do
that with all my F connectors that carry 1500 watts, even the ones indoors.

And before you install the F plug, smooth the sharp edges off the RG-6 CCS
center conductor with a fine file. That helps protect the plating on the
mating contacts from damage as you plug it in.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com