Re: Topband: RG-6 questions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 questions
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:43:26 -0700
I've seen some data CCS center coax. It matters below about 5 MHz.

What is your application for this coax? There's a Belden product with a double copper braid shield and a solid copper center. Look up 9290. About six years ago, I bought a partial spool of a very comparable product at HSC with Pasternak's name on it. I still have some of it. At the same time, I also scored a nearly full 1,000 ft spool of 8213, which feeds my high dipoles.

These are classed as analog video cables, where copper loss at low frequencies was a big deal. Since the transition to digital video, I suspect they sell a lot less of it. :) There are a lot more -- see pages 6.38 - 6.39 in this link.

http://www.datasheets.pl/coaxial_cables/BELDEN_COAXIAL_CABLES.pdf

73, Jim K9YC