Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Ashton Lee <Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:40:30 -0700
As the ham population ages historically many people have been forced to go off
air when they move to retirement communities, assisted living situations etc.
Let’s not also forget what remote stations can do for these folks.

To operate my remote station would cost someone about $200 in hardware. And
many of these hams might trade their equipment (which could be used in the
remote stations) for the access.

The only real complexity is that without better engineering than I am capable
of only one station can operate from a QTH on each band at a time because of
interference. (I have no experience with duplexers)

In fact it could be a good local club project to begin to set up simple remote
stations (100 watt radio, multi band doublet) that could serve these folks.

KQ0C