Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: john <w8wej@citynet.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:23:34 +0000
Amen@!!!! but,,if" they" make it that simple, "they" no longer have job security... Most every award , etc developed is with the idea of more activity and more income/members for "them"--follow the money.... Back in the day, when I would work a new country, and was sure of it, I did not try to work it again, every band , every mode, every operator--kind of like hunting, I never took more game, than I could eat or give to some one else.. I just think that this award stuff has gotten silly and stupid, and a lot us , including me, has(had) bought in to it... At 73 I should worry a lot more about other things other than about reaching 2000 band countries...in total that should mean very little, and certainly does not indicate that I am such a hot shot op... Bring on k1n!! I need them on 160--but that is now a personal goal,,,some where along the line,, we(I) need to get a grip--since 15 yrs of age, ham radio has been and still is my life,, but golly, there are surely other things..(I have a dog)
Tom, thanks for your comments and giving me a reality   check
73 john