Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: "'Stan Stockton'" <wa5rtg@gmail.com>, "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: "JC" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:44:26 -0500

It will be soon enough that we will be having the conversation about not
only remote operation but robotic QSO making software.

Is is really and truly a RADIO CONTEST if you cannot possibly make a "radio"
QSO without using the Internet?  I know some people who I actually think
believe what we are doing in these reflectors is radio...  (I already know
all the justifications comparing the WWW communications system to a six foot
headphone cable located at your own station.). What do you think?

Enjoy it while you can.

Stan

You are right!. The sadness is causing the emotion Tom mentioned, however
the real issue is the trade we are facing with RHR, the trade between value
and cost!

Work hard to setup a remote station and work a rare DX has a lot of value,
You can be proud of it and the technology is always welcome and part of our
DNA.

What is not acceptable is to transform HAM Radio  into a business and charge
by the minute like AT&T. Verizon or any other carrier that provide
communication per dollar amount.

That is not Ham Radio, it is a trade from "VALUE" to "COST".

For all the guys using RHR the pride is measured in dollar per minute, it
means the cost of a QSO matters.  Next step would be  to set up a call
center in India to provide you with all services at once. Select the DX you
what you and  pay at the end.

All about money and commercial interest to transform what is bounding un
together . the value and proud to make it.

Why bother is it is getting  to QSL / QSL cost for minute? Share what ? you
r wallet?

Nobody is helping Ham with restriction to get into de air. It just about
money!

When you look at your wall you can see the value of your work. Does not
matter what it cost. Don't let it change!

My two cents

JC
N4IS