Re: Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions

To: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 05:45:03 -0500
Hi Jim,

I'm glad to hear you (and others) liked our L-network inverted-L tuner
design.

All the info I have is posted in the Topband thread. I thought I had more
info and pictures, but I guess I'll have to take some new photos sometime.

I suppose if you made the elevated radials long, then you could adjust the
current balance with series variable capacitors. You could use a simple
clamp-on meter like W8JI has on his site to measure the relative current,
perhaps.I didn't bother with that myself, I was just careful to keep the
radial lengths the same length and height.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Jim F. <j_fitton@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> I read with interest your two capacitor tuner and it may be just what is
> needed here to tune out the reactance of 3 TB raised radials when they go
> up after the leaves leave.
>
> I wonder if an individual capacitor for each radial would be better ?
>
> Please send me the info on your system.

Topband Reflector