Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions
From: Jim GM <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:14:17 -0500
I have an inverted L and using a hairpin coil to match in on 160M.

One coil is 6 inches OD the other is 2 inches OD.  I have been thinking
about making another hairpin with wire wrapped around a toroid donut,

I have noticed with the 6 inch coil I have a higher noise level on 160M and
hear BCI pretty strong on certain frequencies on other bands.

The 2 inch coil has lower noise level on 160M and BCI is reduced on other
bands.

If I use a toroid hairpin What would happen to the noise level and BCI?  My
guess is both will be reduced a bit more.

Also what hairpin matching coil should I use and why?

--
Jim K9TF