Re: Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hairpin Matching Coil Questions
From: Jim GM <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:32:59 -0500
Has any one used the MFJ-907 and do what I am trying to do on 160M as a
hairpin match?

>From what I have been reading, Q needs to be high but not sure how high and
what range.  My 6 inch coil with remote tuner in line with the tap on 160m
I am getting around a Q of 80. My 2 inch coil has a Q much lower than that
I know cause the set up has a much larger band width on 160M.

I have around 30 to 40mh of coil from the tap to ground with both coils.
--
Jim K9TF