Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:30:07 -0800
On 11/29/2012 5:09 PM, ZR wrote:

When you say they work best at 1-3' how exactly do you mean and what are
the antenna details?
Getting more info on what others use is always good.

Carl
KM1H

Many years ago, I put up two 500 foot beverages pointed east,
about 50 feet apart.  One was at a height of 10 feet, the
other was a few feet high (don't remember exactly).  I A/B'ed
them and the lower one simply produced more readable signals
on any station I listened to.  It was enough of a difference
that I have used low beverages ever since.  Yes, somewhat
anecdotal.  I have very high ground conductivity, so "YMMV".
Due to that, I can't effectively use more than about 400 feet, which
results in great results on 40 meters, good results on 80
meters, and fair results on 160 meters.

Rick N6RK