Topband: My Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: My Inverted L
From: "Dave Novoa W4DN" <dnovoa@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:12:58 -0500
I built an Inverted L for160 meters following K2AV's intructions for the FCP, using the Balun Designs' isolation tranformer. It resonates around 1813 kHz (that's OK with me) but the SWR is 1.9:1 minimum, which my Yaesu Quadra amplifier does not like. The feed point is at 8.5' high, 25' away from the tower. The antenna wire, from DX Engineering, runs up to about 67', then slopes down to about 25'. There is a 4 element 20-meter Cushcraft yagi about 3' above the apex of the wire on a 70' crank-up tower. What could be the problem that causes the high SWR? Any advice is apreciated.
73,
Dave, W4DN