Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wire beverage question
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:06:20 -0800

On 11/29/2012 8:14 AM, Mike Waters wrote:
Rick,

Why don't you just mount them on permanent posts (or trees) 10' high?
That's what I and many others do. That ought to let you mow around them
without taking them down. My support posts are 100' apart.

Thanks for the suggestions, but...

First, I have found that Beverages work better at 1 to 3 feet
off the ground than at 10 feet.  Second, while mowing around the
posts is better than having to go around the whole wire, it is
still too much of a hassle.  I am using a brushhog, not a zero
turn radius mower.  After mowing, I would have to use
the weed whacker around the posts.  Third, I am planning to
disc the area next year, so I would have to take out the posts.
The beverages are basically in a treeless area.

73

Rick N6RK