Re: Topband: TopBand Beacons

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TopBand Beacons
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:24:34 EST
In a message dated 3/12/2006 7:32:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
john.devoldere@telenet.be writes:

>>1800-1810 is not part of 160m in MANY countries
ON4UN<<

Solution 1.
Use countries that allow or will issue special license for the beacons.

Solution 2.
Use 1810 kHz, narrow CW signal should not be impediment, much less than ARRL
bulletins. (or the CW/SSB "edge" 1840)?

Yuri, K3BU

p.s.
I received quite a few emails supporting the idea. Lets decide on frequency
and see if there is any chance of landing it on 1800.5 in different continents.
Maybe it is also time to synchronize the top band all around the world to
1800 - 2000. Any reasons left for not to?
Two most important decisions:
1. Frequency
2. Locations with relation to propagation anomalies of 160
We should consider edges of the continents, North and South (VEL, W4/Carib.,
G3, CT/CN, JA, PI, VA1A, 6) and heavy 160 population edge (W0, OM/UB)