Re: Topband: TopBand Beacons

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TopBand Beacons
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:40:19 -0500
> Using 500W solid state amps should be no problem, we need
higher power level
> on 160 than what they use on high bands due to the nature
of the band and
> antenna limitations. We don't need no stinkin' Internet,
jus' use our radios.

> I think this would solve our "problems" be an excellent
tool to have more fun
> on the TopBand. Any problems or objections to the above?

1.)  500 W is illegal for a beacon. The legal limit is 100 W

2.) The beacon by law must be attended while operating. It
cannot be automatically controlled.

3.) The bandplan (not that it matters to some) says beacons
on 1999 kHz