Topband: topband beacons

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: topband beacons
From: "John" <ljdoyle@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:00:44 -0500
With all the discussion about beacons maybe i've missed something, i can't see
any REAL reason for beacons, it's like several here on this forum has said (why
not a cq)it's a lot more effective, its usually done in the dx portion of the
band with usually high power.with the beacon way up the band with a mere 100w
how effective is that?to get down to it how did all the dxers who are on the
who's who list get to where they are without beacons? I suggest we all forget
about beacons and continue as we have in the past, 160m is a different ballgame
than other bands and thats why i'm there, no beacons just hard core dxing like
it should be...those who can't cut it go to a band where they can...Remember
folks 160m is not for the faint hearted, its the most difficult challenge in
ham radio i've ever undertaken...and i'm sure most would agree...John K1GUN...