Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 03:18:27 +0000
During the N1W operation over the past month, we could call CQ on CW and not
get much action.  When we spotted ourselves the crowd immediately showed up.
The obvious conclusion is that most people are not watching RBN.  Could be a
variety of reasons for this.

Contesters are more aware of RBN and are willing to set their filters and
software to accommodate.

Randy