Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple monitors?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple monitors?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:14:46 -0800
On 11/20/2023 8:16 AM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
whats the current thoughts on one larger monitors vs two or more smaller ones?

The most important issue is noise produced by the monitor's power supply. Some years ago, I found several models of Samsung monitors that run on nominal 12V, and that work quite well on the nominal 12V DC systems in the shack. This allows me to throw away the very noisy SMPS line lumps. In general, larger monitors tend to use higher DC voltages (20V seems to be common), which makes them much harder to replace.

Far too many hams pay more attention to being loud than to being able to hear. If we can't hear 'em, we can't work 'em! The average ham is DEAF, thanks to wildly excessive receive noise. The average home has dozens of noise sources; we hear our own, as well as those of our neighbors. My tutorial on identifying and chasing noise ran in NCJ several years ago. It's on my website. k9yc.com/publish.htm

73, Jim K9YC