Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple monitors?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multiple monitors?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:28:10 -0500
The answer depends on your available space and what other equipment in the
shack you need access to.  Most likely the best height for a monitor is with
the base on the desk looking down slightly at it and if you operate your
radio and peripherals through your computer a monitor on the desk right in
front of you would be fine.

I like to have direct access to my Elecraft K3S's, rotator controls,
switches etc so my monitors are on a shelf.  I use a separate computer and
monitor for each radio with monitors sized to fit the available space.

John KK9A

Jamie WW3S ww3s wrote:

Now that monitors are relatively inexpensive, whats the current thoughts
on one larger monitors vs two or more smaller ones?
Also, any thoughts on shelf height to set the monitors one? I am redoing
my current setup , which has 2 small monitors on the desk, the radios on
the left and a taller shelf for accessories, switches, amp etc above the
monitors.  I'm thinking of putting a small shelf up above the radios,
etc, to set the monitors on instead, and wondering about the height.