Re: [CQ-Contest] Is Self Spotting now allowed in ARRL tests?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is Self Spotting now allowed in ARRL tests?
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:12:22 -0500
Bob W5OV of the ARRL has corrected me.

He writes "Your reading of PROH.3 is not correct. That exclusion is
specifically about making schedules, soliciting contacts (i.e.; CQing), and
sending or receiving the required QSO exchange information via non-amateur
means. It says nothing about spotting."

I myself fail to see any distinction between self-spotting on a Telnet
cluster, and soliciting i.e. CQing using non-amateur means, but that's
official from W5OV of ARRL.

Tim N3QE