Re: [CQ-Contest] Is Self Spotting now allowed in ARRL tests?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is Self Spotting now allowed in ARRL tests?
From: K3ZJ David Siddall <davek3zj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:38:14 -0500
I'm not in SS, but I saw about 350/hr SS spots this evening.  There have
been a few self-spotters among the mix -- W6SR and W0UC are examples.

I never op assisted/unlimited, so I don't know much about it, I'm starting
to familiarize myself with it and may try it at some point in the future if
I can figure out how to get the spots displayed within my logging or
operating S/W.  It's a work in progress that most of you have been doing
for years, I know.  But without viable internet at my normal operating QTH
I haven't had a reason to delve into this aspect.

It does seem to me that ops spotting a station should provide the section
of the station being spotted, instead of the sideband (USB/LSB)
designation, which I find useless.  N1MM+ allows the section to be sent
automatically for spotted stations and I assume other logging programs may
too, so what's the deal?  Most ops know that LSB is used on 40/80/160 phone

73, Dave K3ZJ